Section I - General Policy:
By registering on the ScriptDev2 forums you agree to the following code of conduct. If you are unable to agree you have the right not to participate in forum discussions at any time.
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible where acceptable, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or web-master (except for posts by these people) and they will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing any of these may lead to you being temporarily or permanently banned from these forums.
Posts which violate any part of this Code of Conduct may be edited or deleted without warning.
If you were to continue to break this code of conduct your account would be reviewed and you could be banned. It is the sole discretion of the forum administrators to ban violating accounts. Accounts may not be deleted, although email addresses can be removed from accounts by request if the account is not going to be used any longer.
The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
* 1. Be respectful of all users at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness and gentleness. If you do this the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
* 2. Respect the forum staff and ScriptDev2 developers. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forums running efficiently and the developers spend their personal time developing ScriptDev2. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please send a personal message to an Administrator.
* 3. Profanity: Remember that the forums are used by people of all age groups and of all tolerance levels regarding profanity usage. When in the support areas of the forum, please try to keep your language polite and courteous and refrain from the usage of profanities. Explicit profanity/swearing is not allowed, and under no circumstances will we allow any profanity to be directed toward another person.
* 4. Forum Threads and Flaming:
[*] Flaming and condescending messages: Flames are messages that personally attack, call people names, or otherwise harass another forum member (or any person). These, along with any generally condescending posts will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion.
[*] If the thread is flame-bait (appears to be intended to start an argument or is likely to cause an argument rather than enhance discussion), it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Any users who continue to post in this manner or engage in other questionable practices, like trolling (posting in an attempt to engage people in arguments) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
[*] If the thread turns into an argument, it can be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going, but that is not always possible.
* 5. If a post or thread contains spam (unsolicited advertising) it will be deleted and the poster may be banned. Active users in good standing are allowed to have links to personal sites in their signatures, and in their profiles as long as the content of those links does not include abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.
* 6. Adult Content/Violence/Illegal Activity: Messages containing sexually oriented/violent/illegal dialog, images, content, or links to these things will be deleted. Messages with links to or suggesting illegal activity will also be deleted. Posting or linking to any of these could result in a ban.
* 7. Thread Drifting/Steering: Please keep discussions on topic. Non-technical and discussions unrelated to the ScriptDev2 project do not belong on these forums.
* 8. Please remember that these forums are inclusive of ALL people, and we strive to maintain accessibility to everyone.
* 9. Please strive to communicate with other users as effectively as possible:[*] Please write your posts in English. We have many users from many different countries that visit here and English is the common language of these forums.
[*] When writing a post, please space paragraphs with a blank line in between them for better readability.
[*] Please do not write posts in all upper-case letters, as it looks as if you are screaming at the people reading your post.
[*] Please refrain from using "leet" speak or slang.
[*] Please do not shorten your words to acronyms or abbreviations. It is very difficult to read and understand.
[*] Please use color and font properties for highlighting portions of your text, and not for all of the text in your post.
[*] Typos and other errors can cause miscommunication between users on the forums, please preview your text before posting.
* 10. If you have found a post that you feel is inappropriate or that violates the forum code of conduct, please use the report post function (its down at the bottom of each message). Do not attempt to moderate discussions or correct other users yourself.
* 11. Please be prudent in your use of images; they may help to explain something more clearly or indicate a problem you are experiencing better but you have to remember that not everyone has the same bandwidth. If an image is the best way of handling the information, please keep your image to less than 100kb. Client related images are not allowed under any circumstances.
* 12. Forum signatures are limited to three lines of text, 10pt maximum font size. Signatures are also not a place for inappropriate material such as attacks, slander, harassment, political or religious remarks. The use of political images in avatars is also prohibited.
* 13. If you feel someone has violated the MaNGOS Code of Conduct you may open a complaint with the administrators.
* 14. The web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum will preserve forum content when possible. However editing, locking and deleting content may be necessary and if so will be done at the discretion of the web-master, administrators and moderators when the forum code of conduct has been violated.
* 15. Private Messaging users for support is strongly discouraged. It is also unlikely that users will respond to these requests.
We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.